The large amount of digital data we leave behind can possibly exist for eternity, raising questions of curation, ownership and storage. With “Postgeist” the user is collecting a digital legacy to bequeath material and immaterial things to their family and close friends to create long-lasting memories. The heirs are encouraged to explore those pictures, thoughts and stories through objects, place and time. A digital legacy will be built and becomes a bridge to connect family generations over time.
thoughts from Kristin Gräfe. I am a student at the MFA Interaction Design program at the School of Visual Arts. I am interested in data visualization, understanding information and memories.
This is my public sketchbook to illustrate my path of discovery and exploration towards the master thesis. Feel free to write me your comments, thoughts and ideas!
- 2: Audience | Postgeist – Digital Legacy for Eternity on A Lifetime in Every 30 Seconds
- 3: Initial Exploration | Postgeist – Digital Legacy for Eternity on A Lifetime in Every 30 Seconds
- 3 Concepts | Thesis Bucket on Week 4 – Statement and Research
- 3 Concepts | Thesis Bucket on Structured Brainstorming
- 3 Concepts | Thesis Bucket on Design Principles