Since I was stuck with my thesis last week, I used my learned knowledge from the Dan Brown workshop to try his concept of visual thinking. The model I came up with is a start and shows that there are elements missing around the heirs – the section I haven’t fully explored.
Things I know: I learned during my research that it is part of the grief to put shared objects that trigger memories out of sight (e.g in the shoebox in the closet). This helps to not be hurtfully remembered every day but rather to decide to look at the mementos at a chosen time. For my intended service I would like to have a carefully designed experience of “opening” the legacy. I also want the heirs to be able to explore the legacy, compare to own life and eventually learn.
thoughts from Kristin Gräfe. I am a student at the MFA Interaction Design program at the School of Visual Arts. I am interested in data visualization, understanding information and memories.
This is my public sketchbook to illustrate my path of discovery and exploration towards the master thesis. Feel free to write me your comments, thoughts and ideas!
- 2: Audience | Postgeist – Digital Legacy for Eternity on A Lifetime in Every 30 Seconds
- 3: Initial Exploration | Postgeist – Digital Legacy for Eternity on A Lifetime in Every 30 Seconds
- 3 Concepts | Thesis Bucket on Week 4 – Statement and Research
- 3 Concepts | Thesis Bucket on Structured Brainstorming
- 3 Concepts | Thesis Bucket on Design Principles