In order to continue with the ideation phase (with the goal to determine concepts worth moving forward) I try to structure the brainstorming. This structure should help me look at the problem form different angles. More information about Ideation and Design Principles can be found here.
- Entry-point – Make people think about death
- Maintain – Visiting the service in a regular basis (not only decide once and never come back)
- Curate – What parts of a users data are really important and are telling a story that further generations can understand
- Creating meaning – Why do things become meaningful for individuals and future generations. The service should reflect that this is a long-lasting experience
- Milestones – Creating smaller goals to work towards
- Tangible – Meaningful objects that can carry important data
- Birth – Not only death could be a reason to enter the service, but birth (creating a legacy for ones child)
- To bequeath during lifetime
- Milestones in life – Graduation, birth, wedding, birthdays, 1st school day, 1st love, family gathering
- The process of daily updates
- Families and close friends – People that are very important in ones life, that might only be a handful.
Those are experiences that possibly are far away from my project: Tree (woods), floor clock, rocker chair, sailing tour, cooking, walking, a guided experience in a museum, vacation, days, concerts, dinner on a big table, migrating birds, tides
I created the mood-board based on some of the metaphors.